"Sometimes the best defense is a lead pipe to the face. Other times, it's getting the hell out of the way."
- Level 1: +0 Max. Vitality
- Level 2: +5 Max. Vitality
- Level 3: +10 Max. Vitality
- Level 4: +15 Max. Vitality
- Unlock Blunt Weapons Specialization: Master the use of Blunt Weapons (Improved Knockdown Chance)
- Unlock Edged Weapons Specialization: Master the use of Edged Weapons (Improved Chance to Decapitate)
- Unlock Heavy Weapons Specialization: Master the use of Heavy Weapons (Improved Mighty Blow Chance)
- Unlock Utility Skills
- Level 5: +20 Max. Vitality
- Level 6: +25 Max. Vitality
- Level 7: +30 Max. Vitality
- Unlock Rage: Gives you a small amount of Stamina back when you kill an enemy.
Level Up Strategies
Killing Zombies with melee weapons or your bare hands is the only way to improve Fighting. The basic formula is that to improve the skill from level 1 to 2 takes 10 Zombie kills. Every additional level 5 zombie kills more than the level before. (15 for level 3, 20 for level 4.)
The number of strikes to a zombie does not matter, the only factor that counts is destroying the zombie's head. (Either through a finishing move, an edged weapon decapitation, a powerhouse auto-kill or other means.)
It takes 135 dead zeds to fully level fighting from level one.
Traits that Affect Fighting
Traits that improve the rate at which Fighting is gained generally reduce the number of zombie kills required to improve Fighting by 1. Conversely traits that lower the rate at which Fighting is improved will increase the number by 5.
Traits that Improve Fighting Gain
Traits that Decrease Fighting Gain
Traits that Offer Additional Ranks of Fighting
- Soldier: 1 Rank Fighting, +2 Rank Shooting